My Guide to Chic Home Furnishings

For some great ideas on how to make your home look better, this blog can help give you inspiration on what we can do to brighten up our living spaces!

Monday 18 August 2008

My Guide to Chic Home Furnishings

Chic Home Furnishings - The Bedroom - Accentuate, Don't Redecorate!

Having toyed with the idea of revamping my own bedroom, it occured to me that i needn't redesign the whole room, rather just 'accentuate' and add some chic home furnishings to complement the current decor. So, i started thinking about what i could do.

Home furnishings, particularly in the bedroom, should reflect your lifestyle. If you use your bedroom for much more than just sleeping, then consider having a separate area for your workspace, where you can put your laptop and books etc. I did this by buying a wooden screen and cordoning off the area, so it didn't distract from my sleeping area.



The bed itself was looking a bit tired, so with a new silk duvet and a few co-ordinating scatter cushions, the bed now looks sumptious and inviting. Furnishing the bedroom suddenly became rather easy!



If you have the space in your bedroom, a good tip is to add a chaise longue or a comfy chair to invite the visitor to sit down and relax. If you're space conscious though, the best idea is to buy a beanbag that can be propped up in the corner when not in use. Beanbags are great for furnishing children's bedrooms too!


Think about simple things that can make all the difference to your bedroom. Chic home furnishings can include simply updating, for example, buying a new lampshade, or adding mirrors to reflect the light if you are faced with the problem of a naturally dark bedroom. The extra furnishings can revamp your room without starting from scratch.









If you liked this blog, please check out my other Home related blogs! Home Construction and Home Improvements.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of accessories to revamp your home instead of splashing the cash to completely redecorate - I just can't justify so much during the recession.

Thanks for your post, it was really useful. I've decided to update my room with a nice big rug to centre the room and update its look.

I picked this one - http://www.nicerug.co.uk/product.aspx/125/Entropy_Shaggy_Rug in bright red - and I love it!

14 July 2009 at 05:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice I like, we are interested https://englanderline.com/

21 August 2016 at 00:43  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home